252,000 mile Fuel pump replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markus

Reaction score
1999 GMT-400 Escalade : Original Bosch pump finally paid the piper. Confirmed by jumping terminal pins 87 and 30 under the relay, dead pump. All in all took about 4 hours. really wish GM engineers would put an access panel under the rear seats HAHA. I didnt like the idea of crimp connectors on a critical component so I got my trusty solder iron out for the new Flat 4 style connector. Less than 160$, new Delphi pump installed and truck is up and running again. Word of caution, it's NOT fun to remove the tank on the ground...

-M

You must be registered for see images attach

Markus

Reaction score
I've never heard of Bosch being original in the GMT-400.
I am only assuming because the only pump assembly I could find with the 4pin square connector was the Bosch unit. All the others had been upgraded to the 4 pin flat style.

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For my Chevy van.i bought my new pump years back through.amazon.they beat the price of all other places.by a hundred dollars.rockauto is another place to buy parts.

The MFG,S.the rats.played games.with the brand name pumps.i think for my van.there were five.but all we're the same pump.just different names.

It's scamming.just all so make sure you change the out side line filter.should replace the fuel pump relay.

Or buy it keep it in the vehicle.just in case.