251TwoDoor's Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

251TwoDoor

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

96 2door Tahoe LS 4x4

I found this truck a little over a year ago and bought it on a good deal in anticipation of snow/bad weather in Kentucky. I am originally from South Alabama (beach area) and attended Auburn University before moving to Kentucky for a job opportunity. It is much more of a project than a daily driver at this point, but my 300 SRT8 wasn't cutting it in the cold winter climate. Anyways, the plan is to retore and upgrade it to trail runner type vehicle that can go make it just about anywhere. The current and feasbale plans are to restore the interior to fully functioning and clean form, add a remote start kit, do some minor body work, and add a small lift (2-3" kit) to get from 33's to 35's. Eventually I want to do a full LS swap, as I work for a huge player in that market, design and fab custom offroad bumpers, and do the full bodywork/paint/wrap process.

It's nice to be here and I look forward to doing some online wrenching with yall!

Last edited:

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Is this real life....? Someone else from the 251 area code? No. It cannot be.....

Welcome from Fairhope! Nice two door!!

251TwoDoor

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies everyone, I'm definitely glad to be here. The truck looks a lot cleaner from about 10 feet than it really is, but that's kind of its purpose for now. Anyways, thanks again for commenting and I am looking forward to being a part of the conversation rather than just lurking - but now that I'm getting into the project items I will need the resource for sure.

@SwampHound
Yes I am originally from the Foley/Magnolia Springs area but I live in Kentucky now. It's cool to meet someone from Fairhope on here though, I actually have family there as well - as big as the internet gets its still a small world sometimes