2002 5.7L Vortec P0327 diagnosing help 0411 - Pinout?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eXo0us

Reaction score
Hello,

my Chevy Express RV is starting to throw a P0327 code.
First I started the parts canon, - new pigtail and new AC-Delco sensor. No change - potentially even more frequently....
Then I found here in Forum the Manuals. - thanks for this.

I'm following the troubleshooting Guide DTC P0327 Knock Sensor Noise Channel Low Voltage.

Step 1: DTC is set - YES
Step 2: Failed this Ignition: Yes - got to Step 4
Step 4: 100K Ohm. - yes
Step 5: I don't have something to measure frequency
Step 6: Knock sensor has 0 Ohm to Alternator Ground.
Unplugged PCM harness from PCM - checked KS-Pigtail - indefinite Ohm- so I do not have a ground short.
Step 7: Ignition ON - Knock Sensor connector 0.4V - should have 5V reference ?? This is a single wire sensor
Ignition Off 0.0V on knock sensor connector.

I've check my pigtail connection and I have the same voltage before the pigtail repair. So it seems like I'm loosing voltage somewhere.

Next the guide says - remove VCM C2 connector and check connectivity. I got a 0411 PCM from Workhorse in the RV.
There a bunch of dark blue wires in the C2 connector.

Which one is the Knock sensor?

Last edited:

eXo0us

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like the guide is not a perfect match for 0411 Express PCM - the KS- is on the C1 Connector and not on C2.

Does the 0411 even send out 5V reference? or is the BlackVCM which sends 5V?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is very possible the infor you are looking at was for a black box truck. Quick glance shows the knock sensor on C2-19 on a blackbox. C1-51 is correct for an 0411 or P59.

From memory with the knock senaor disconnected there is a 5V bias voltage. With the knock sensor connected it is under 1V bias. If the wrong knock sensor or a faulty one is connected the voltage will drop under the specified voltage and give you the P0327. The knock sensor creates an AC voltage that catches a piggy back ride on the DC Bias voltage as part of the noise filtering of the signal.

eXo0us

Reaction score
at was for a black box truck. Quick glance shows the knock sensor on C2-19 on a blackbox. C1-51 is correct for an 0411 or P59.

From memory with the knock senaor disconnected there is a 5V bias voltage. With the knock sensor connected it is under 1V bias. If the wrong knock sensor or a faulty one is connected the voltage will drop under the specified voltage and give you the P0327. The knock sensor creates an AC voltage that catches a piggy back ride on the DC Bias voltage as part of the noise filtering of the sign
thanks,

yeah, I don't have 5V when sensor disconnected and ignition on. Should the engine running to get 5V?
Any fuses which supply the PCM with power to create the 5v?

The KS-sensor wire is not grounded and I checked it complete to the PCM.

Any other components which could be pulling the 5V reference to ground so it's not arriving at the Knock sensor anymore?