2000 OBS 2500 2wd crew cab with broke 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Perhaps a stupid question but is that worth $2k? Seems pretty rough and a very long way from where it is to useable.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty rough? I know yours looks brand new but this one doesn't look too bad. Its got some small dents and the drivers seat is torn. But from what I can tell it doesn't look rusted out. Especially for 280k miles.

If I had the money and a spare motor I'd go with $1000 cash and the wheels off my truck and bring it home.

Swap the motor, do a 4/6 drop or more. and have a nice cruiser. Fix the rest of it when I had the time.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Pretty rough? I know yours looks brand new but this one doesn't look too bad. Its got some small dents and the drivers seat is torn. But from what I can tell it doesn't look rusted out. Especially for 280k miles.

If I had the money and a spare motor I'd go with $1000 cash and the wheels off my truck and bring it home.

Swap the motor, do a 4/6 drop or more. and have a nice cruiser. Fix the rest of it when I had the time.

I doubt he would take 1k for it lol

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He said he'd go cheaper if he kept the wheels and tires, so If he wants it gone he might take it. If not maybe 1500. Still not to bad of a price to me.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
For a 2wd with a blown engine and 280k 1k seems fair honestly

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score

Sorry. Pretty rough was a poor choice of words on my part. Seems like a decent truck but it would need a lot of TLC. I was just adding up what would need to be spent on it and getting an unpleasant number in my head. :eek:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Driver bedside caved in near rear
Tailgate pretty well destroyed
Rear bumper appears rusted out?
Passenger bedside looks a little wrinkly or smushed, hard to tell
Driver seat is trashed, once it's that bad it gets worse quickly
Carpet is filthy, assume general condition of rest of interior similar
280K miles is a lot regardless of care; lots of other parts are worn - suspension hard parts and bushings, radiator, alternator, A/C compressor, transmission, rear end, brakes, blah blah blah.
If you're going to swap another 7.4 Vortec into it, a good one is not cheap.
Cummins conversion is not cheap.

So while I'm not a big fan of playing price police, consider that when you think 2K is a good deal for what is essentially a parts truck that could be brought back to life if you put enough money and time into it.

Richard

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I must not understand, you guys pick on a $2k 2000 with 280k miles like its supposed to look and run like brand new. But take a running one with lower miles, pay $5k+ for it and then swap in a LS motor and trans.

I don't have money, probably never will so I guess idk what I'm talking about.

My 95 has 240k rusted rockers and cab corners. It will get fixed soon because it won't pass inspection with rust holes anywhere. When I got it the guy before me never used floormats of any kind and worked in construction. The carpet on the drivers side was matted down and caked with mud a good 1/4-1/2 inch thick and all the rest of the int. was dirty. So I did what us poor people do, cleaned it instead of buying new. Gutted the whole truck, scrubbed and scrubbed for a couple days and got it clean.

I guess my idea of a cheap project is different then others. Like I said, if I had $1000 and a motor ready for it I'd check it out. I'm not worried about dents and dirt, I can deal with that and they are going to happen. All the other little stuff is just that little. Suspension parts would get taken care of when I dropped it. Its a project, not a perfect truck.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I must not understand, you guys pick on a $2k 2000 with 280k miles like its supposed to look and run like brand new. But take a running one with lower miles, pay $5k+ for it and then swap in a LS motor and trans.

I don't have money, probably never will so I guess idk what I'm talking about.

My 95 has 240k rusted rockers and cab corners. It will get fixed soon because it won't pass inspection with rust holes anywhere. When I got it the guy before me never used floormats of any kind and worked in construction. The carpet on the drivers side was matted down and caked with mud a good 1/4-1/2 inch thick and all the rest of the int. was dirty. So I did what us poor people do, cleaned it instead of buying new. Gutted the whole truck, scrubbed and scrubbed for a couple days and got it clean.

I guess my idea of a cheap project is different then others. Like I said, if I had $1000 and a motor ready for it I'd check it out. I'm not worried about dents and dirt, I can deal with that and they are going to happen. All the other little stuff is just that little. Suspension parts would get taken care of when I dropped it. Its a project, not a perfect truck.
You say you don't have money, so you of all people should understand you don't pay that much for a truck that rough.