2000 GMC C/3500 Crew Cab Dually 5/7 on 22's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new motor is installed!!!! Waiting to get the wheels on this thing, see where it sits, but will probably run the stock wheels until I can get the Eclipse fenders and color match the paint.
BUT>>>>>> there is a problem. the Ebay radiator had a broken drain plug. No big deal you would think, but it is NOT th same size as the OEM radiator!!! The fittings were different and we put new fittings in to adapt the hard lines, no issue. But the drain plug is plastic instead of the stock brass and it is SMALLER than the original, so we could not swap out the plug. And my builder is getting pissed because this is the second radiator issue. He says he hates aftermarket crap that customers bring in because it never fits and then he has to fix/adapt/modify and it costs him mechanic time, etc. I agree, but he wants me to buy a new OEM radiator so he can get it off his lift and it will cost me an extra $700 - $1000???

You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new motor is installed!!!! Waiting to get the wheels on this thing, see where it sits, but will probably run the stock wheels until I can get the Eclipse fenders and color match the paint.
BUT>>>>>> there is a problem. the Ebay radiator had a broken drain plug. No big deal you would think, but it is NOT th same size as the OEM radiator!!! The fittings were different and we put new fittings in to adapt the hard lines, no issue. But the drain plug is plastic instead of the stock brass and it is SMALLER than the original, so we could not swap out the plug. And my builder is getting pissed because this is the second radiator issue. He says he hates aftermarket crap that customers bring in because it never fits and then he has to fix/adapt/modify and it costs him mechanic time, etc. I agree, but he wants me to buy a new OEM radiator so he can get it off his lift and it will cost me an extra $700 - $1000???

If you are bound and determined to try the wheels on your truck do yourself a favor and let the jack down SLOWLY. They 100% will bust your fenders if it comes down hard.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are bound and determined to try the wheels on your truck do yourself a favor and let the jack down SLOWLY. They 100% will bust your fenders if it comes down hard.
It's not me, it's the guy doing the wheels. He knows, they drop trucks for a living, it is a custom shop that does lifts and lowering. He said he would tell me how much room I need for the fender selection - so all good!!!! The problem today is the broken drain plug on the new radiator that does not accept the stock DORMAN 61133 part!!! The radiator has a smaller diameter plug piece which seals with an o-ring and a little metal pin that fits into a slot, so they want to replace the new radiator!!!

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My OEM drain plug is plastic. Also a new radiator shouldn't be anywhere close to a rack. 2, 300 at most.

+ Labor remove and replace, so it will be closer to $1k, for a $10 non-OEM part that I can't find!!! If this thing comes off the lift, it will get put into shop storage until I find the part - - -

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

+ Labor remove and replace, so it will be closer to $1k, for a $10 non-OEM part that I can't find!!! If this thing comes off the lift, it will get put into shop storage until I find the part - - -

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220315-182350.png
    Screenshot_20220315-182350.png
    358.9 KB · Views: 4

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The labor for removing and replacing a radiator on our trucks, including bleeding the cooling system afterwards, shouldn't cost more than $150. If somebody quoted me $700 including parts, I wouldn't hesitate to find another shop.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
truck is already in the shop, so I could tow it to another shop ($200 towing this big truck) and pay my bill here and then .... And the online order will take a couple days to get here, so the truck will be pulled and may get worked on in a few weeks or whatever. The problem is, you are over a barrel - I think the labor might be better deal in OK, cuz the way things are getting here is ridiculous. Anyway, it is going to be about $600+, with $400 being Autozone radiator ($369 + tax) and $200+ R&R.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
If it is new, why not warranty it out? You shouldn't have to pay for another radiator since it has a LLW.