2000 chevy 7.4 oil cooler lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fancy Shoes

Reaction score
Im not findinf a good way to get these out. I broke a small screwdriver getting the clips pulled down. I want to just use a wrnch and undo the fitting… but I cant even get a freaki g wrench in there.

How am I suppose to do this? I am nearly about to send it to a shop. My buddy says its not that hard… not sure what I am to do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 16

Fancy Shoes

Reaction score
Took 20 minutes to get one of the plastic clips broken off… the other one 5 minutes. My hoom pick got the clips out easily. ******* annoying.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Can't get a wrench in there? Use a crows foot line wrench and an extension. Always easiest to use an extension to stand away/back from your work and it adds torque too.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You have to remove the plastic cap, then there is a metal clip that comes out through the side. The line should pull out after that and then you can unscrew the jiffy-tite fitting.

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DON'T reuse the clip. It WILL fail. And you will have no one to curse at but the guy staring back at you in the mirror.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Usually that plastic retainer is considered a one-time-use item. It's there to keep the E-clip from getting away. They figure by the time you're pulling that plastic retainer down it'll break, and you're buying new lines.

Richard

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When you do reinstall the line, new o-rings or not, wipe completely clean and use a very thin wipe of grease on the o-ring area or spray some silicone lube. Helps the reinstall and keeps from damaging the o-ring.