2 wheel drive conversion...help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
im pretty sure they have the same body mount locations :dunno: id crawl under his truck and measure/compare to your truck

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
im pretty sure they have the same body mount locations :dunno: id crawl under his truck and measure/compare to your truck

Body wise the trucks are the same however to rebody the 4x4 with his trucks body is a LOT of work. Not to mention the possible legal ramifications since he is essentially swapping VINs at the same time which is illegal.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vin stays with the cab. Don't matter what frame you put it on. Just don't mess with the vin at all.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Vin stays with the cab. Don't matter what frame you put it on. Just don't mess with the vin at all.

Depends on the state and the age of the vehicle.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
He wouldn't be swapping vins.. he would just be putting a new frame and driveline in his truck. No legal issues there, just a metric butt ton of work. Hell, he could even walk into the DMV with both titles and say "which one do you want me to register, I have X parts from truck 1 and Y parts from truck 2". I would just keep the other title and a bill of sale in the truck in case (in the unusual case that it was even looked into) you needed to prove everything was on the up and up.

But yeah, I wouldn't try to swap the IFS between trucks, just thinking about all the parts to swap between coil and torsion springs makes my head hurt.

And from the other side, I thought about doing a cab swap on my truck to gain the 3rd door. 5 minutes later I put it up for sale.