2" or 4" cowl hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4 inch , costs the same as a 2 inch so why not if you like it. I had one on my monte carlo ss and loved it.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
2" IMO It complements the body lines for a subtle aggressive look, the 4" is like a ********* with a huge nose, it just looks awkward no matter cute her face is.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
personally i like the 4inch, but i think if its a clean lowered truck go with the 2inch, doesnt stand out as much and is much more subtle, now for me if its lifter id run a 4inch, cause it goes more with the big and lifted theme while still not looking completely retarted and makes it look like your truck has some balls

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys, ended up getting a 2" hood. Which actually measures 2.5"

You must be registered for see images

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not IMO everyone and their mom uses a 2 inch, and for the same price, might as well be different and look good doing it with a 4 inch but oh well.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I didnt like the 4" because it was too much on a DD. Now, if I had an off road toy, I would go big or go home!!!!!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I didnt like the 4" because it was too much on a DD. Now, if I had an off road toy, I would go big or go home!!!!!

What if truck sounds like FastOrange's? Healthy cam, nice exhaust, etc.....that's where I'm planning on taking mine. A friend of mine just picked up some heads for his truck, and now I'm looking around for the same, but he got hooked up. Oh well, I still haven't been able to figure out what kind of hood mine is, if anyone ever finds it out there, let me know.

Good choice. Like Swims said, everyone uses them, but there's a reason for that, they look PERFECT with these trucks. I'm all for doing something different, but not if it looks stupid, just to say you're different.