2" body lift - lookin for some pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Edge

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a 2" BL for my 98 instead of cranking the hell outa it like i did my 99. Anybody have pics of this size on their rigs? Seems all the BL pics im finding while searching are 3" only. Thanks~

Z71Edge

Reaction score
Nice...im assuming u just bought 1.5" pucks from zone offroad? What did u have to fab up in order for this to work (extentions, bumper brackets, etc)? Thought about doing this myself but wanna get lil more knowledge as to what else ill need to do besides installing pucks. Its either that or just buy the 2" kit.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you have to raise the front and rear bumpers, and make gap gaurds, that involves cutting and drilling, etc. fab work making brackets to lift bumpers, gotta extend the filler neck in some cases, as well as the t -case and trans linkage etc. fan shroud has to have work doen to it as well.

IMO if you don't mind fab work buy the pucks and do it. if you want to save time and hassle buy the 2 inch kit. I've seen em, don't know where the pics are, but they look good, a little less frame showing.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice...im assuming u just bought 1.5" pucks from zone offroad? What did u have to fab up in order for this to work (extentions, bumper brackets, etc)? Thought about doing this myself but wanna get lil more knowledge as to what else ill need to do besides installing pucks. Its either that or just buy the 2" kit.

I actually cut 3" blocks in half. Also cut and rewelded the 3" front bumper brackets. Other then that and rear gap gaurds everything stayed the same, rear bumper i still stock height. I had the old 3" kit so cutting the blocks and buying new bolts was the only cost.

Z71Edge

Reaction score
Perfect height for BL, especially on gmt400's. Zone needs to get off their ass and start making some of these.

:word: I PMed Zone over on GMFS and they pretty much said that they are still considering it, but haven't really gotten anywhere lately...was told to check back in a few months and see what they can do then...I personally think that this 1.5" height or a 2" would be perfect for what I am looking for (atleast for now). Cheapest I have found the PA 2" kit is on ebay for about $225 shipped...Or I can drive an hr away to Summit and pick it up for pretty much same price...but then they get ya cuz they want another $74 for rear bumper brackets that are not included...

dirtridinz71, did you do anything for your steering shaft or gas filler neck? Didn't know if there was enough give/adjustment between the two or if I'd have to fab up some extentions if I bought the 1.5" pucks. The bumper brackets won't be a problem...I can draw somethin up and take it to my toolroom guy at work and he can machine them up for me.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, I believe the same. Either 1.5 or 2....3" is just too much for me. I would just buy the 3" and cut in half but I don't have those kind of skills. I can barely get my NBS bumper mounted up LOL

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is one of my fave GMT400's, it has a 2in PA body lift with 33" MTZ's

You must be registered for see images attach