1999 Tahoe 2dr torsion bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Pinder

Reaction score
My 99 Tahoe has 220,000 miles on the clock, and is still going strong. Just added a 2-3" lift, and the front end keeps settling down so the truck is not level. It was nose down before the lift, and I was trying to fix this issue. I think it needs new torsion bars, but they seem to be NLA. I have part numbers of 15528951, code 6GC (left), and 15528952 code 7GC(right). My question is are there other torsion bars that will interchange with these part numbers, and still give a reasonable ride, as this is my daily driven street truck. The torque rating on these part numbers is 1933 Nm. Thanks, Mike.

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since you unloaded the bars, you will need to crank em to get back the same tension as before. I had a tahoe with 260k on it and they didn't sag. Tighten em up n see what happens.

Mike Pinder

Reaction score
I keep cranking them up, and they keep sagging after a day of driving. I turned them way up today, we will see.