1998 gmc sierra c1500 ls1 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retrolws1971

Reaction score
hi there guys.
i am not sure if i've gotten in over my head or not. i just purchased a LS1 with tranny to drop into my truck. i didn't do all of my home work, unfortunately, and now i'm unsure about the hole process.
Could some one please give me some dirrection as to where to start?
I have the LS1, tranny, wiring harness, ecm, throtle position sensor, radiator and fans. i thought that it was as simple as pulling the old motor and wiring harness and old ecm and then reinstalling the new parts. I just need some kind of idea as to the direction to go. thanks. Tony

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also be sure to check out LS1truck.com there is a ton of info on these swaps on there.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's quite a daunting task when looking at it all. I heavily researched this a year and a half ago when my TBI and 4l60e died...I was just out of budget on all of the labor I'd have to pay. From what I understood, that wiring harness and ECM work is the most difficult part of it all so maybe try to find an electrical guru buddy for that. Also, if you can get a gauge cluster out from a NBS truck it not only looks cool but makes hooking up your gauges that much easier since it is completely compatible with the harness and ECM you already have!!! That alone should save you alot of time/labor wiring up to an OBS cluster. Let us know if you get stuck somewhere.