1998 cargo light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bukshot

Reaction score
so i have a 1998 c1500. i have the factory cargo light swtich on my dash. i replaced the 3rd light with an aftermarket LED so it no longer has the cargo light. what id like to do is convert this switch into something different. not sure what, but maybe an off and on switch for my amps, or maybe lighting. im really not sure but i need to know if there is a way to do this. ive looked at the switch and not really sure where to start. if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great, thanks.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I once looked into this too and found a wiring diagram somewhere. I don't remember a lot about it other than the orange wire is the constant power from the harness and I think the blue wire goes to the light. I could have my facts slightly askew as this was like a year ago when I did this research

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bed lights for sure. Saw pics on this forum a few months ago, they were run under the bed rails. Looked great and way more functional than the 3rd brake/cargo light setup.
You will have to check your local laws, but they don't shine on the ground or to the front/rear so they can be any color.