1998 C2500 Period Correct Daily Driver “Heavy Duty Judy”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Although they look as good as the original wheels, the new wheels are no longer period correct.
I don't get it......
If someone got them as "new truck take offs" back in the truck's younger days, that's still late 90s/ early Aughts period correct. Don't know about Colorado, but in Texas, that was very common for many years. Still is on the later models, most of the 800/900 trucks I see have newer wheels than the truck.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If someone got them as "new truck take offs" back in the truck's younger days, that's still late 90s/ early Aughts period correct. Don't know about Colorado, but in Texas, that was very common for many years. Still is on the later models, most of the 800/900 trucks I see have newer wheels than the truck.

Are those wheels from a GMT400 or 800? They look like the 8 lug version that is on my 01 Sierra 1500.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Now that I went out and looked, those wheels appear identical to my 06 TD.
PYOs are original options for the 800 series. I have a set that I bought from a guy that got them on an 800 series 2500 Burb. I was going to put them on my 90 square body Burb R2500, but since I don't have that truck anymore.... maybe if I get a 2500 pickup I can put them on it.

Reaction score
Update today! New tie rods, idler bracket and arm, center link installed to help with the “Dukes of Hazzard” style steering. Still a bit of slack but nothing like it was before! I am gonna check and see if I can adjust the steering gear tomorrow and get the las bit of slop gone. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Reaction score
Are those wheels from a GMT400 or 800? They look like the 8 lug version that is on my 01 Sierra 1500.
They are the wheels off the next generation 2500 trucks. To my knowledge they didn’t offer aluminum wheels until the next gen as a factory option. So I am claiming period correct by virtue of them being a couple years newer and being a stock option that would have been readily available to someone with a 4-5 year old truck. These PY0 wheels are superior in every way (looks, weight, cleanup).