1998 1500 silverado 5.7 starts then stalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin625

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked a billion times but I am going crazy. I have a 1998 silverado with a 5.7 vortec. I started it to day and it just started miss firing like crazy I drove it a little ways to a friends and on the wY back it died and I had to get some one to pull me home. It would even out when reved up would bog under full throttle and when sitting at stop lights. It would also smoke when sitting still. It ran fine earlier that morning. It will turn over and start then bog real bad and turn off and there is a strong gas smell. I just replaced the entire spider injector unit, fuel pump, filter, tank, new wires, and plugs. About 6 mints ago I put a new rotor and cap in it. Thank for any help.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would be checking out the fuel pressure as well as seeing how long it holds fuel pressure after the key is turned off. My swag would be a bad pressure regulator.