1997 K2500 454 Rough Idle, Loud Afterfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the difference between the Walker and Magnaflow brands, why is Magnaflow $100 more?

Walker is typically a "stock replacement" level brand, while Magna flow is a "performance brand." Either the Magnaflow replacements he's linked to are performance based or you're just paying for the name.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between the Walker and Magnaflow brands, why is Magnaflow $100 more?
Look at the photos. Magnaflow seems to be mandrel-bent, Walker is OEM crush-bent.

And it asks me for cat placement, why does it have 6 options (driver, pass., left, right, front, rear)? Mine are under the passenger side, but why does it only 'fit' if I select Rear?
Wild Guess: Summit screwed the pooch on the description.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't get the stock replacement Walker muffler. It's restrictive garbage. I used a Walker bus muffler dual 2 3/4" in, single 4" out with a 4 "mandrel bent Diamond Eye tailpipe and kept stock cats. It sounds like what a stock muffler should.