1996 K1500 Build

Do 1999 K2500 Suburban Front (Forged) LCAs fit 1996 K1500 Pickup?

• Yep, bolts right up!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Nope. The internet lied to you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Urbandiplomat

Reaction score
Figured I should start documenting all of this and start a build thread as I'm pretty far into it. I'm no stranger to automotive repair/builds, but this is my first truck. Got it for $1,400.00. We live in Texas now so it's pretty much a prerequisite LOL. Needs a little work but I drove it onto the trailer, off the trailer, and into the garage so it's a good start.

No crazy plans, just getting it to a point where I'm comfortable having my family in it on a regular basis. Reliability and comfort are the priorities at the moment. Currently focused on the cab as it was TRASHED when I bought it. I've stripped it down without cutting anything. Sound deadening and insulation going in soon. Need to find a good DFW fiberglass shop to rehab my dash as it's definitely seen better days.

Lastly, if someone could help me source some front LCAs (stamped) it'd be greatly appreciated. They've been discontinued by GM and the previous owner drove it until the wheel literally fell off LOL. I was able to partially press in a new one to get it home, but there's a nasty grove/lip worn into it that I doubt is repairable. I've been told I might even have to grab some tubular ones from Fabtech or the like. Will post pics of it when I get it off.

You must be registered for see images attach

Urbandiplomat

Reaction score
Update: Finished stripping the interior and laid down rubberized undercoat. Sound deadening and insulation are next up. Dropped the control arm off to Nfamous Metal Fabrication to breathe some life back into it as K1500 Front LCAs are EXTREMELY difficult to come by. I used a 10,000lb ram from Harbor Freight to press the torsion bar out. Eventually I'll do a write up as I'm sure it'd benefit a few people.