1996 GMC K3500 Dually Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The short beds were 99 and 00. If the long bed duallies in 99 and 00 also had the 63" driver fender, and not the regular 65", I'm gonna be surprised... and happy as hell. On short bed, driver's side is 12" from front of bed and 63 long. Passenger side is 10" from front of bed and 65 long.

Last edited:

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I thought they all got the short fender starting in 98. My bed is off a 99, but I don't have any good pics handy at the moment.
Yall gonna make me go home and measure mine. In all fairness, I have no clue what year model my bed is, the only thing that I can even estimate the age is the fact it has tailgate cables, not the flat steel supports.

93M6Formula

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The short beds were 99 and 00. If the long bed duallies in 99 and 00 also had the 63" driver fender, and not the regular 65", I'm gonna be surprised... and happy as hell. On short bed, driver's side is 12" from front of bed and 63 long. Passenger side is 10" from front of bed and 65 long.
It seems it's a possibility that 99-00 Longbeds got the short fender. Any of you 99-00 longbed guys should do some measuring.

You must be registered for see images attach

93M6Formula

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yes, GM started using SMC on a lot of thing starting in the 80s (?). F body cars for example have a ton of it. The doors, ram air hood, deck lid, and roof panel are SMC on my 93 Formula.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
It seems it's a possibility that 99-00 Longbeds got the short fender. Any of you 99-00 longbed guys should do some measuring.

You must be registered for see images attach
I forgot to measure mine last night
And yes, GM started using SMC on a lot of thing starting in the 80s (?). F body cars for example have a ton of it. The doors, ram air hood, deck lid, and roof panel are SMC on my 93 Formula.
I've been studying Corvette forums for SMC / fiberglass repair tips lol