1996 Chevrolet c3500HD CrewCab BEAST - Junkyard Rescue Take II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
The GMT400 topkicks never had any sort of Detroit, just Cats and the gassers. Found out the 366 and 427 TBIs were available from 90-95 then replaced with the Vortec 454.

6-71 would be neat! Hell I could probably find one out in the junkyard in a semi. I know there are plenty of Cats and Cummins semis out rotting away but I don't see one of them ever fitting under the hood of my HD lol

gstubbz

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Didn't do much to this thing today, it snowed but I did find a bezel that goes around the gauge cluster and I'll install my escalade cluster the next time I go out to my truck stash. Hopefully this weekend when I get my door handles I'll install them and put glass in the front doors and maybe gut the back glass from a suburban.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Didn't do much to this thing today, it snowed but I did find a bezel that goes around the gauge cluster and put it in my escalade cluster. Hopefully this weekend when I get my door handles I'll install them and put glass in the front doors.

If the truck was originally a 6.5, you may have issues getting the esky cluster to work. Different tach signal sources and there is no wait to start or water in fuel light on the esky clusters-they were only offered in gas vehicles. I briefly looked into it and it didn’t seem feasible.

gstubbz

Reaction score
If the truck was originally a 6.5, you may have issues getting the esky cluster to work. Different tach signal sources and there is no wait to start or water in fuel light on the esky clusters-they were only offered in gas vehicles. I briefly looked into it and it didn’t seem feasible.

Dang. I noticed the back of the cluster is labeled for glow plugs and water in fuel but it needs the bulbs, I guess I could try it and if not I'll just get the gauge cluster from my dash swapped 94 since that was a legit diesel one.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang. I noticed the back of the cluster is labeled for glow plugs and water in fuel but it needs the bulbs, I guess I could try it and if not I'll just get the gauge cluster from my dash swapped 94 since that was a legit diesel one.

Maybe I was wrong-I had an esky cluster and shined a flashlight on it..I couldn’t see where the area in the black plastic would be for the diesel provisions.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm.....should I...I have no reason to nor any use for it at this point...

You must be registered for see images

Richard
Richard, here is what you do. Make two lists. The first list is all of the reasons on why you need this truck. The second list is all of the reasons why you don't need this truck. Take the second list and throw it away. Now you see why you need this truck!