1995 silverado k1500 4x4 noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kylebg94

Reaction score
I get this noise only sometimes, not all the time. When I accelerate, sometimes accelerating up a hill and when I let off the has it stops. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the noise keep pace with vehicle speed or engine speed. One keeps accelerating, the other accelerates then drops with rpm shift. If you can tell, that narrows it down.

Kylebg94

Reaction score
It's get faster as rpm increases like in the video as I'm going up the hill. The problem is, it doesn't do it all the time. So when I try to record a video under the truck. I haven't been able to capture it. I think it's worth noting as I shift from park to reverse, there's a,clunk.

WICruiser-97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may want to check the engine mounts. If the engine is moving around under torque some strange things can happen and they are not very consistant.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stops completely or gradually slows with RPM.
Have you tried at the point you have the noise then shift to neutral, what happens?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hard clunks when loading - unloading gear train = excessive wear axle ring & pinion, u- joints, degraded transmission mounts including crossmember and hardware, degraded eng mounts failed hardware. Trans internals. Not coming to complete stop when shifting reverse to drive.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard clunks when loading - unloading gear train = excessive wear axle ring & pinion, u- joints, degraded transmission mounts including crossmember and hardware, degraded eng mounts failed hardware. Trans internals. Not coming to complete stop when shifting reverse to drive.
Add in "worn splines between axle shafts and side gears, and worn side gears--spider gears. Also worn differential pin. Worn driveshaft yoke at trans splines/worn tailshaft bushing. Broken leaf springs or damaged bushings on control arms"

Kylebg94

Reaction score
Stops completely or gradually slows with RPM.
Have you tried at the point you have the noise then shift to neutral, what happens?
No I haven't yet. It did it last night only for a moment. But then it stopped again. Next time I hear it I will try that. Btw way it only does it when accelerating as shown in the video. I can't get it to do it stopped. So that might not work.

Kylebg94

Reaction score
So one thing I found out, is when going into reverse the driveshaft is suppose remain still. Yet on the truck it moves. Also it clunks into reverse when shifting. Definitely feel this issue is related. What do you all think?