1995 Chevy k1500 5.7/350. Can't get rid of the positive camber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RhettR7707

Reaction score
1995 Chevy k1500 5.7/350. Completely stock front end/suspension, I believe the tires are slightly larger than stock. A good bit of positive camber on both sides, adjusted the 4 camber bolts on both sides all the way to pull the tops of the tires in, helped some but they are still very much out of alignment. I plan on taking it to get an alignment but I don't see how they could adjust it any more with it being maxed out. What can be replaced or added to make the camber be able to be straightened, or possibly some negative camber? Thanks.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Assuming, if applicable, yours already has the areas knocked out of the upper control arm brackets to allow for camber adjustments? On mine, the camber and caster can't be adjusted too much without removing the knockouts.

Attachments

• knockout.jpg
    knockout.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VERIFY THE RIDE HEIGHT using the genuine GM official procedure.

Look at the control arm bushings top and bottom. REALLY good chance that the upper bushings, and maybe the lower bushings are wiped-out.

The steering and suspension in general should be examined closely for wear. Ball joints, tie rod ends, idler and Pitman arms, and the infamous steering-gear rag joint. Assure the control arms aren't bent.

If the ride height ("Z height") is correct, and the bushings are reasonably new, and all the rest of the steering/suspension is in usable condition, perhaps you can have the frame pulled to get additional negative camber.