1994 to '95 Dash Swap Cluster Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevestoffer

Reaction score
And I don't care about cruise control, a.c., and some other minor things. I just want it to start with the key, have a speedo (which I know will be difficult, I will use a gps for a temporary setup), tach, water temp, and fuel for now. I'm going to grab a 6.5 alt, but I was thinking about a one wire but I think I'll just get a 6.5.

Also and when I say I used the 94 harness I hooked up the dash lights, door open switches, radio, and I used the old heater controls. I don't have the cluster in yet.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Did you read my first post? I said the truck originally has a 6.5 in it with the diesel cluster and wiring. I used the 94 wiring behind the 95 dash. I thought the 94 cluster would fit but i found out they are different. I was asking if the 95 6.5 cluster would work with the 94 harness. I don't have a pcm like I said above.

Yep, and I got it a little tumbled with the back and forth of years and parts.

Info still applies and your answer is still in there if you care to look.

I'm out.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

stevestoffer

Reaction score
Yep, and I got it a little tumbled with the back and forth of years and parts.

Info still applies and your answer is still in there if you care to look.

I'm out.

Enjoy.

Yeah I read it all and thanks. I understand too, I've done that haha. I think I might just go all after market then which kind of blows, but it's kind of cool too. For now I'll just buy a fuel gauge and use a GPS to drive it. Thanks again.