1994 Chevy k1500 code 44 problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tanner

Reaction score
Alright so I just recently got a code 44 on my 1994 Chevy k1500 the check engine light turns on after driving for a little bit, but the truck drives fine the only thing I notice is it getting too much fuel and black stuff coming out of the exhaust when I first start it. I did some research and replaced the Egr valve and solenoid and cleared my codes but it showed back up that night.. What could be the problem?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Alright so I just recently got a code 44 on my 1994 Chevy k1500 the check engine light turns on after driving for a little bit, but the truck drives fine the only thing I notice is it getting too much fuel and black stuff coming out of the exhaust when I first start it. I did some research and replaced the Egr valve and solenoid and cleared my codes but it showed back up that night.. What could be the problem?
I think code 44 is o2 sensor and or a vacuum leak. Usually a lean condition though I thought.