1994 C1500 Interior Lights Won't Shut Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994Betsy

Reaction score
I've got a 94 c1500 and my interior lights will not shut off. I've replaced the headlight and dimmer switch and the door switches and no luck. The only way to get them to shut off is to unplug the courtesy fuse. The problem started after I took my dashboard off to paint the whole interior. I am pretty certain that all of the wires were plugged back in to where they should be and I've looked at the wiring and I don't see any breaks in the wires that could be grounding to the truck. If I could figure out what the problem is and how to fix it, that would be great, but if I can't figure it out, then I'd like to just disable the whole interior light system but make it so I can still use the radio if possible. I really don't need the lights anyways and it's just been a pain to deal with. If anyone knows how to fix this or how to just disable the power going to them, any advice would be appreciated!