1994 brake switch recall wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have a 1994 rcsb automatic 5.7 and am going to have the dealer do the campaign on the brake switch,the campaign #98065 says the polarity is wrong in the wiring to the switch from the factory. I would like to know which wires need to be switched at the brake switch,to make sure my dealer does this step and doesn't just replace the switch and not swap the wires .The polarity issue is what causes the switch to go out premature.

Last edited:

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That I dont know but, thanks for posting it.
I have a 94 ecsb and hadnt heard about that recall.
Please update when you figure it out.
Ill look into myself because the brake switch also controls the locking torque converter on these.
Ill let you know if I find anything too.

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The campaign is like number 98065 on the switch and they are suppose to move the a and b wires, trucks should have yellow wire in pin a and orange in pin b after move before move factory they are orange in a and yellow in b ,this is wrong .Tahoes and suburbs will be white wire in a and orange in b when right .This is the info i found so far.Can check your vehilcle vin online to see if recalls been performed yet.Basically swap a and b in plug from the factory ,orange wire should always be in the b spot .

Last edited:

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats good info. I just had a brake switch failure on my 94 k2500 5.7
It caused some lockup problems with the torque converter.
I will do some digging around and get back to you if I find a smoking gun
Or maybe a smoking chevy part.
Thanks for the " heads up" on that

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The orange and yellow/white wires are for the brake lighting system, not the TCC. Pins C and D are for the TCC.