1993 Kawasaki KDX200

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Not really a vehicle. Not even street legal but it has a motor and a headlight so hopefully it counts haha.

Well guys, a month or two ago I asked about dirt bikes. Ended up not going to look at that one. Instead I found a better deal. 1993 Kawasaki KDX200. 980 original miles. Runs perfect. He was asking $1200 for it, I planned to offer him $1000. I get there and he teaches me how to start it, ride it and let me test it out in his back yard (since it's my very first bike). Then on top of that, he threw in a helmet (old and sticky but still free), goggles, a motorcycle jack, a ramp, brake pads (had new ones on it but he gave me another set), 4 spark plugs, spare plastics, 2 stroke oil, an oil ratio mixer thing (didn't know that was a thing but it'll make my life easier), and a folder with paperwork, diagrams, receipts from all the work he's had done recently, along with a bill of sale). He even told me if I had any problems to give him a call and he'd happily help me out. Needless to say, I had no problem handing the guy his full asking price. Then I drove over to Cycle Gear and bought a $120 helmet and $50 gloves on sale for $100 out the door. This thing is a blast to ride around. Pretty good day if you ask me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Right after unloading it. Hadn't even started it in my driveway yet

After riding it around my parent's property, all loaded up and ready to go back 'home' (college haha)

in the garage at my place on the motorcycle jack

After riding it today

dem ***** :cool: :lol:

My first and probably one of the very few mods I'll do to it

Thank you Skee, I saw this on yours and loved it. I tried finding a "monster" to match the green paint but all I found was red bull and I was pressed for time so there it is, temporary for now.

Future Plans:
- Black seat/cover (haven't researched it much yet but I want a black seat whether I replace the actual seat or just put a cover on it)
- GPS speedometer to go next to the odometer. Just think it'd be cool to know how fast I'm going

That's about it. Thanks for looking :)

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Maybe you can use some dye on the seat? Also what is the red bull can covering?

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're aware of how a 2 stroke's power kicks in, but at some point in the throttle, there's a dramatic increase in power, so be cautious until you find it. Have fun! Got some good places to ride?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Congrats bud! Any plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man! Um, speedometer, black seat and ride it and maintain it. That's about it for now
Maybe you can use some dye on the seat? Also what is the red bull can covering?
Maybe but a new seat is $45 so I'd rather just swap them out. I have a guy wanting to buy the blue one already. It's covering the rear shock reservoir. Skew put one on his Honda (?) street bike and I'd loved the idea ever since
I'm not sure if you're aware of how a 2 stroke's power kicks in, but at some point in the throttle, there's a dramatic increase in power, so be cautious until you find it. Have fun! Got some good places to ride?

Yes I got to experience those yesterday haha. I don't have a lot of places. I only have my parents place (2 acres of like forest so not many go fast moments, around their neighborhood and around my neighborhood. I need to find a group of people who just enjoy farting around on them. I'm not into the racing or huge jumps or stunts or anything.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Yes I got to experience those yesterday haha. I don't have a lot of places. I only have my parents place (2 acres of like forest so not many go fast moments, around their neighborhood and around my neighborhood. I need to find a group of people who just enjoy farting around on them. I'm not into the racing or huge jumps or stunts or anything.

Check for local off road parks in your area. Every state has some. I can recommend several up here but nothing for down south lol. A quick google search should help you out. I'm sure there's also some off-road/dirt bike club on Facebook near you. Try adding them and see if you can meet up and ride with some of the members. Some states also have ATV/dirt bike trails in there state parks. Not sure if Texas is one of them, I know Illlinois isn't.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Check for local off road parks in your area. Every state has some. I can recommend several up here but nothing for down south lol. A quick google search should help you out. I'm sure there's also some off-road/dirt bike club on Facebook near you. Try adding them and see if you can meet up and ride with some of the members. Some states also have ATV/dirt bike trails in there state parks. Not sure if Texas is one of them, I know Illlinois isn't.

I know there is Bridgeport off-road park about an hour and a half from me. My neighbor takes his jeep down there every now and then. I've thought about joining a club but right now, I don;t have the skill to ride a bike with other people haha. I stall the damn thing half the time and finding neutral is a ***** :lol: I'll get the hang of it and find some people to ride with. The closest state park is Cedar hill state park and I don't think they allow "motorized vehicles" on trails

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check out "Hidden Fall" in marble falls... not to far away.. used to always bring my jeep there when I had it.. awesome place run by some cool people... don't get me wrong though.. they are not afraid to kick you out if you start being disrespectful and stupid...lol... also has camping(tent, rv spots, and even has a few cabins you can rent) and a gun range right there to as part of the park. Haven't used the range yet but one day I may...

sent from what use to be a great country...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Check out "Hidden Fall" in marble falls... not to far away.. used to always bring my jeep there when I had it.. awesome place run by some cool people... don't get me wrong though.. they are not afraid to kick you out if you start being disrespectful and stupid...lol... also has camping(tent, rv spots, and even has a few cabins you can rent) and a gun range right there to as part of the park. Haven't used the range yet but one day I may...

sent from what use to be a great country...
That sounds great! I'll have to look into that. Thanks!
Seems pretty cheap. You sure about that?
I was wrong. I saw the picture of the black seat and didn't read the description (which I'm prone to doing) and it was actually a seat cover. A private seller had a black seat for $80 plus shipping. I ordered a $25 seat cover though