1992 k2500 5spd swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
The electrical side should work fine without doing anything. The truck is a 92, the check engine light may stay on, but it should run fine. The 4.3 flywheel should have fit your 350.

1992chevy

Reaction score
yeah, only thing i got to figure out is reverse lights, 4.3s are externally balanced motors via flywheel, along with 454's, 350s, are not. hopefully going to pick up the tranny and dash+firewall up this afternoon hopefully be mobile this coming weekend!

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
The 350s have that external balance weight on them too. 1 piece rear seal 350s are "almost" internal balance.

1992chevy

Reaction score
alright tranny, t case, cross member is in, rod from the clutch pedal to master cylinder got lost somewhere moving the parts, got the pedal mount up in place but have to get two bolts to mount pedal and the slave, started truck up last night to hear it run for first time in two months. Project is at a stand still till wednesday, hopefully get some pictures up for yahs before i put everything back togeather.

1992chevy

Reaction score
ended up buying a sunfire gt for something a little eaiser on gas for traveling 90km round trip every couple days for work, truck still works great have a vibration coming from my rear drive shaft which still has to be lengthened, got the front shaft shortened and installed truck will pretty well climb anything long as i can get front tires up and not drag the back bumper in low 1st gear, 4.11s and 5 spd not great for highway driving, runs about 2000 rpm at 85km/h, going to try bigger tires. still have to order in the proper shifter for the tranny as well but so far got about 15k kms or more without an issue, still no tail lights, and no reverse light until i can find a diagram.