1991 C1500 in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tonight I was able to finish up the exhaust system. It's new from where the converter used to be, all the way out the back. Whoever took off the converter (God knows who and when), welded in a 2.5" diameter pipe, in between the 3" sections. All the 3" pipe is Walker products, as are some of the clamps and all the brackets. The muffler is a Cherry Bomb Salute, single 3" in and dual 2.5" out. The tail pipes are Flowmaster 2.5" dia. I used a stock type hanger for the left tail pipe, that I got on one of my EZ Pull excursions a couple weeks ago.

Over-all, it wasn't extremely difficult to do. I did have cut down some of the 3" pipes, modify the muffler hanger bracket, and modify the left tail pipe. The tail pipes exit in the same spot on both sides, but sit a different levels leading up to that point. My goal was to keep the tail pipes as high as possible over the rear differential. When I did the cnotch, I had cut a lot of the bed brace, in order to get the tail pipes up higher in the future. I think Flowmaster designed these tail pipes for trucks that are at stock ride height or only lowered a couple inches in the rear.

Some time over the course of the next couple days, I'll take it for a drive. I need to put some fresh gas in it anyway.

Here are some pictures:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And some more:

It's off the jack stands now.

Next we'll go back inside and put the replacement rear carpet panel in and put the plastic trim piece back under the rear window.

I also picked up a new blower motor for the AC. So that is on the agenda, along with making sure the evaporator is clear enough for air to flow through it.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since my better half is out of town this week, I've been able to get more stuff done to the truck.

I finally got around to installing the rear carpet and panel below the back window, first. This photo, you can see how faded the original carpet piece was and how nice the one I got from EZ Pull is (after I cleaned it up of course):

Installed:

Then I cleaned up the plastic trim piece that came with the truck, re-bent the top clips a little, and used the Command large picture hanging strips to hold it in the center:

Installed:

After that I vacuumed the interior out and installed the lower panel under the steering column. Since it was so nice out and the driveway was in the shade near the garage doors, I pulled it out and gave the outside a good scrubbing. This is the first time I've washed it since I bought it on December 7th 2023.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck needed gas and I needed smokes, groceries, and dinner. Since it was out of the garage, I used it to run around a little. First stop was Wawa for smokes and a coffee. Here I'm leaving Wawa:

Then the obligatory gas station photo from a Shell station:

Next up was Walmart for some groceries:

I think I had forgotten about the lack of cargo space in these standard cab trucks...

On the way home I stopped at Taco Bell for some dinner. No pictures there... LOL.

I felt good to be out cruising around in the truck. I had a lot of people stop and compliment me on it and ask questions about it. It was a good truck night!