1991 C1500 in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I did. The McGaughy's instructions said to just support the rear of the frame too. It may be hard to see in the photos, but a had a floor jack with a piece of 4X4 on it under the frame in the back.

Yeah, those pristine floors and undercarriage was one of the big reasons I bough this specific truck. I'm pretty sure it's been in Florida most, it not all of it's life! Definitely makes working on it much easier.
At least you had the frame supported. A fellow on here had a MASSIVE learning opportunity last summer, destroyed his frame. Had the springs still attached.
And for sure it's family first, projects get done when they get done.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great to hear that, we have an adult Autistic daughter, high functioning, that girl keeps me hopping to no end, know exactly where your coming from!! the truck looks awesome!!! Thats my next phase, Tin Works flip kit and weld in C-notch for the rear and DJM front kit, it'll be a 5/6 drop when done.

I really love the stepsides, gives it that beefy bulldog look for the stance!!

Not to get off subject does my little eye spy a Buick GS(X) Skylark in the garage?

The truck is killer looking and love the wheels!!

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great to hear that, we have an adult Autistic daughter, high functioning, that girl keeps me hopping to no end, know exactly where your coming from!! the truck looks awesome!!! Thats my next phase, Tin Works flip kit and weld in C-notch for the rear and DJM front kit, it'll be a 5/6 drop when done.

I really love the stepsides, gives it that beefy bulldog look for the stance!!

Not to get off subject does my little eye spy a Buick GS(X) Skylark in the garage?

The truck is killer looking and love the wheels!!
Unfortunately, my son is not considered high functioning. His motor skills are great. What's held him back is his communication skills or lack of. He's pretty mellow for the most part, though. It's funny, both of my next door neighbors have high functioning Autistic kids, too. Their both awesome.

Thanks for the compliment on the truck!

Yes, it's a 69 GS400. Super fun cruiser! That's where my forum name came from!

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dah!!! Man I should've seen that for your forum name! I missed that, oh well win some lose some!

Yeah she hasn't spoken a word since she was three, she knows sign, but thats it. Thats 28yrs since then, people tell us that where lucky she's high functioning, I think to myself "WTF" lucky, I'm grateful everyday single day for her no matter WHAT RPO code she was given!!

69 GS 400, neighbor around the corner from us has one in blue with the black Landau top, love the color on yours!!

Cant wait for your front end portion to come next!!

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fast forward to January 10th, and I got the left rear brake together and did the right side...
You must be registered for see images attach

Adjusted both up, buttoned it up, and did some minor prep work for the next step in the rear brakes, removing the rear ABS gimmicks up at the mater cylinder. After that is done, I'll bleed the rears and get ready to put the bed, bed liner, rear bumper, and wheels back on it. Then, I can turn it around and start on the front suspension!

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I have an Autistic adult son, and this past weekend was his time here with me. So nothing got done on the truck. Hopefully tomorrow night I can get back on this project!
Yessir. Family first.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tonight I was able to get the removal of the ABS gimmicks done, including gravity bleeding the rear brakes. The hardest part was re-bending the rear brake line to meet up with the proportioning valve. My truck didn't require the adapter. As mentioned before, I also replace the rear brake hose, wheel cylinders, and shoes. Can't wait to take it for a spin and see how the feel is now. Before I had to pump the pedal once to get better feel when stopping.

Before:

During:

After:

Next we get to put the bed back on!!!

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tonight's goal was to get the bed back where it belongs and tightened down. Success!

Start:

Finish:

Next, we'll put the bumper back on, bedliner back in, do a real bleed on the rear brakes, then put the back wheels back on. I have some fabrication work to do for the front support for the tonneau cover, so that will probably wait until I get the front done.