1990 Chevy k3500 454 7.4 TBI 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smoothk9

Reaction score
Trying to figure out which model on the sniper efi kit will fit my truck. Help !

Trying to get it ordered asap unless someone has another route the recommend to pair with stage 4 cam, Jegs performance aluminum headers, stage 2 shift kit. Eldelbrock rpm intake manifold

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Manual trans? If 4L80E trans, I'd be tempted to spend the bucks and get a Holley terminator with the built in trans controller and GM trans harness adapter so you can control it all.

Pulling the heads? My 93 had rotators in every single valve spring, so replace those. I run comp 911 springs. Get new hardened pushrods. They also sell adapters to make the factory rockers adjustable, $100 or so but don't bottom them out if pushrods too short, it'll crack the sleeves.

Not sure about the 90, but on my 93 with the serpentine belt, the front of the manifold you'll have to clearance some metal to fit the factory Y looking bracket as well as deep tap the water jacket plug to fit the Y looking metal bracket on driver side front corner.

My 215/215 comp magnum hyd roller pulls to 5000 and barks the rears on the 1-2 shift in my Suburban.

Might just get a whole top end kit to upgrade the heads. More cam and peanuts is a losing proposition since better heads is always the best choice, but not cheap.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I just came to agree with what LC2NLS6 said, if you can only do one, heads are the better choice. Over a decade ago I put some TrickFlow heads on my L03 Fireturd and whew boy did they wake that thing up. Well, those along with the Edelbrock TBI intake and such. If it wasn't for tune & fuel limitations, I'm sure it would be even better. However, it's already significantly quicker than a TPI 350 F-body so my goal has been met.

Smoothk9

Reaction score
Manual trans? If 4L80E trans, I'd be tempted to spend the bucks and get a Holley terminator with the built in trans controller and GM trans harness adapter so you can control it all.

Pulling the heads? My 93 had rotators in every single valve spring, so replace those. I run comp 911 springs. Get new hardened pushrods. They also sell adapters to make the factory rockers adjustable, $100 or so but don't bottom them out if pushrods too short, it'll crack the sleeves.

Not sure about the 90, but on my 93 with the serpentine belt, the front of the manifold you'll have to clearance some metal to fit the factory Y looking bracket as well as deep tap the water jacket plug to fit the Y looking metal bracket on driver side front corner.

My 215/215 comp magnum hyd roller pulls to 5000 and barks the rears on the 1-2 shift in my Suburban.

Might just get a whole top end kit to upgrade the heads. More cam and peanuts is a losing proposition since better heads is always the best choice, but not cheap.
Running a Turbo 400 3speed auto

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll need a carbureted intake manifold, and the simple Sniper kit without all the extra doodads.