1990 350 engine mod questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Be careful with premium. If your engine is not built for it. It can hurt your performance/mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hehehe before the 383 i ran the old stepside on premium and true blue. that blew the head gaskets out quick fast and in a hurry. new truck has almost 10:1 compression ran a vortec ministarter and no it doesnt like to start in the cold.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im asking cause my buddy has a 94 rcsb with a cam, vortec heads, 650cfm tb, aftermarket intake manifold, no chip that im sure of. cooler tstat. would premium hurt his truck?

pretty sure his truck is being held back if he doesnt have a tune, thats a necessity. as for premium talk not really necessary unless you want to on a tbi truck in general i still run it and it likes it just fine once and a while a shot or two of premium or octane booster gives some help otherwise its kinda redundant no matter how it feels.

OBSz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pretty sure his truck is being held back if he doesnt have a tune, thats a necessity. as for premium talk not really necessary unless you want to on a tbi truck in general i still run it and it likes it just fine once and a while a shot or two of premium or octane booster gives some help otherwise its kinda redundant no matter how it feels.

yea i hear ya, we will see if he gets a chip or not. haha
still trying to figure out what to do with mine.