1948 Willys CJ2A M38 Jeep - $14000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Pretty cool build!
This would be so fun!

You must be registered for see images

This is a 1948 Willys M38. Identical to the CJ2A except the battery is accessed thru the cowl rather than under the hood, the 2 little dimples under the passenger door where the shovel and axe were mounted, and the "full floater" rear differential. (In this case equipped with Warn hubs at all 4 corners.
Buick "odd-fire" 225 V-6 has 1500 miles on a complete rebuild. It has an Offenhauser hirise with a mini Holley 4 Barrel with electronic choke. Chrome fenderwell headers.
All the following has 1000 miles:
-new brake and clutch master cylinder.
-4 new wheel cylinders.
-Bestop soft top & doors.
-new guages.
-new electronic ignition.
-new Ididit tilt steering column/steering linkage & new power steering box.
-new Painless Jeep-specific wiring harness.
-electric fan and controller.
-LED daytime running lights / night blasters.
-Optima battery with on-board maintenance charger.
-rebuilt T-90 transmission with Warn overdrive
Everything has been gone over and proper maintenance done. All fluids have been changed, wheel bearing seals, hubs lubed, etc, etc. The body and frame are mint. This vehicle was recently imported from southern California. It has 33 X 12.5" tires on cool old Centerline aluminum wheels. Full roll cage, removeable back seat, OOGAHH horn, the list goes on. It drives great and will cruise at 100 with the overdrive. It also currently has BC Collectors plates. It is $270.00 / year for insurance. Please, just call me to discuss - if you are a serious buyer you are going to want to talk. Having said that - any emails without a phone # will be deleted. Thanks.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/4553459901.html

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cruise at 100 had me scared until I realized that he is talking KPH! That being said, I love jeeps and flat fenders are my favorite but that is an EXCESSIVE price. The full float rear end with 4 warn hubs is a tattle tale to the weak Dana 25 axles, the odd fire is a classic that is an acquired taste. The T90 trans is ok but it isn't a fully synchro 3 speed, those of us that have dealt with one don't like it and the younger generation wouldn't know why it won't go into first unless your stopped. I do love the warn overdrive though and you can still get parts for them through Advanced Adapters, it is now called the Saturn overdrive. So now that I've bashed on a nice looking jeep, if it had just a set of Dana 44 axles, an SM465 and even just an even fire V6, I would consider 14K.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Them are fighting words to al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol! Not really. It is pricey! Didn't know about the axle thing. I've driven non-synchro-1st trannies before. Yea, not fun. There is a trick to them though.
It's a good looking rig.
A Suzuki Samurai could do everything it could, more reliably, for less than 1/10 the price. But no cool factor!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol! Not really. It is pricey! Didn't know about the axle thing. I've driven non-synchro-1st trannies before. Yea, not fun. There is a trick to them though.
It's a good looking rig.
A Suzuki Samurai could do everything it could, more reliably, for less than 1/10 the price. But no cool factor!

Suzuki Samurai! Now THOSE are fighting words!

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha I'm on skylarks side. The samurai is just a glorified golf cart

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha I'm on skylarks side. The samurai is just a glorified golf cart

I'm I'm not going to deny the capability of the glorified golf cart. It is a quite capable little machine. But either way it is not a Jeep.