14sf 6 lug disc brake swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have looked at the stickey and had a few questions. are the backing plates the same for a single or dual piston caliper? found backing plates on ebay for good price so i want to start collecting parts for the swap. the other question was i know you have to do some sort of spacer. we had an escalade at work come in and the flange is rotated 45 degress compared to our rears. since a spacer would be required anyways couldnt i just weld a new backing flange on at the right angle and spaced out wide enough? thats what i was thinking in my head a while ago but i cant really find any weld on backing plate flanges.

Black an tan Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where the backin plates you found for a semi float 14b? A year ago when I did my swap I had to buy a kit because it was all I could find

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
off a 10 bolt 2000's silverado
You must be registered for see images attach

then i found this on pirate last night. pretty much what i just said up there

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/chevy/856510-14bsf-factory-discs.html

ive done a lot of searching for kits but i never really saw anyone that had much luck without modding

im guessing i could just get someone to cut me out two new flanges and have them welded on in the correct location. would like to keep parking brake, not that i use it but to pass inspection. i know it would be easier to get some like 85 k10 calipers and weld on brackets and do it like that

Last edited:

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not going to do this for a little while. got a nother 6 lug rear, well my buddy bought it but im trading mine with 4.10s for it and putting 4.88s in it and a lock right