05 Silverado z71 Quad Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking for a new daily, so I do what I always do, hit up all my friends and tell them to keep an eye out. My buddy sent me a message via facebook, and said that his work was selling an 05 silverado z71 for 1200 bucks. He said that transfer case was stuck and neutral, and the truck wouldn't move, and the company was going to retire it due to age. I told him I was interested, so he said he would send me pics the following day.

I was pretty excited, because I was actually looking pretty heavily into the gmt800's...

The next day he sent me pics, and I was very happy to see it was a quad cab... sweet!

I asked when I could come look at it, and he said any time, so I ran up and took a look at it.

Overall the truck was pretty decent. It had rust in the rockers, but good luck finding one around here that done... otherwise the body and paint were pretty dang decent. It has a pretty nice leather interior with the bose stereo... Turns out this was a bidders truck, so it wasn't really ever used as a truck. It did have a butt load of miles (30x,*** miles), but the engine sounded great, and it looked like they took good care of it.

Long story short, I bought the truck and has it towed home for 100 bucks...

As soon as the truck was dropped off, I jacked it up and started checking it out. My buddy had pulled the front drive shaft and shifter motor, but they told him to stop working on it, it aged out and they didn't want to fix it... so I just reached up and shifted it into 2wd by hand...

Truck ran good, so without checking anything, I ran it up to see if it would pass inspection... They went through the truck and said everything looked solid, but it needed front brake pads up front... normally I do all my own mechanic work, but I decided the hell with it, and let them put them on (90 bucks, ouch.)

After getting it inspected, I went over to the car wash can gave it a quick vac and a quick was (it was raining, so wasn't going to spend much time on it...

After that, I went buy one of the local tint shops, and asked how much they would charge to remove the company decals, she said 40 bucks... so I went ahead and had them do that....

so now I have have 1445 including tow, brakes, inspection, and decal removal....

You must be registered for see images attach

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After a quick wash/vac and getting the decals removed... I still need to give it a really good detail, which I will when the rain stops (a few more days.)

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So here are going to be my next steps.

Replace transfer case shift motor

Remove the exterior trim on the door

Give the interior a good detail (shampoo and steam clean)

Decon exterior, clay bar, 2 step polish, wax.

New tires (I will probably upgrade to newer oem wheels)

Replace rocker panels

Spray lower belt line with raptor liner

Tint windows

Exhaust

I have a btr stage 2 truck cam laying around, might toss that in.