WVXC450R's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a little update on my truck, rollback took it away today (typical GMC lol) to the garage. Transmission will be here Monday.

I was a little Leery of the transmission. I found it in an ad on craigslist advertising for the company, 1st transmission. Said they had rebuilt trans with new convertor, shift kit, new electronics, and upgraded hard parts with a 3 year warranty for a little under $700 plus shipping. My first thought was that is an outrageous deal and too good to be true! Plus it's Craigslist! So i gave them a call and it was a personal cell phone.. So we called the business bureau and all that good stuff in Michigan to make sure it was legit. Everything checked out fine and we ended up ordering it! Total was $810 shipped with a 3 year warranty! Supposed to be here Monday. Ill give you all a report on what I think if it after it gets here. If it all checks out good it sounds like a great place to recommend you guys to! They're working on a website and that should be up for too long.

So it'll be here Monday, trucks already at the shop. Gonna have them change out the tranny, flush the system, check out my flywheel and starting issue, and maybe my exhaust leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well truck was towed Saturday to the shop. Transmission arrived there Monday. They told us it would be a day or two until they got to my truck. Called them today to see how it was going an was told it was going to be a few more days!

Approximately how long should a job like this take? I'm thinking 3 days at the most? I think I read a transmission swap was a 10 hour job? Just trying to figure out how long I should give them before I flip out...

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Well truck was towed Saturday to the shop. Transmission arrived there Monday. They told us it would be a day or two until they got to my truck. Called them today to see how it was going an was told it was going to be a few more days!

Approximately how long should a job like this take? I'm thinking 3 days at the most? I think I read a transmission swap was a 10 hour job? Just trying to figure out how long I should give them before I flip out...

Depending on hos fast they are they could get it done in one day no prob, but sounds like they have a bunch of other stuff to do. What they will probably do is work on yours some, do a brake job, work on your some, one of the guys stops to do an oil change, work on your some.... if it's a typical small shop anyways

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
looking good man really like what you did with the interior

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man I appreciate it! Only thing I really have done to the truck so far!

A little update: Garage finally called. They got to my truck today. Bad news is I was sent the wrong transmission. Apparently my truck was made in the later part of the year and is really a 98. They sent a 1 case and apparently I need a 2 case? Doesn't mean jack to me, at this point I just want my truck back.. Their shipping out the new one Monday for us. Said it should take two days. Hopefully ill be riding the Chevy again by next weekend.. Gotta go get it inspected as soon as I get it back. Can't wait to see what else someone can find wrong with it..

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update.

New transmission is here and in along with a new flywheel. Went to get it inspected an no reverse lights so back to the garage for a neutral safety switch. Finally got it inspected. New transmission is already flaring and shifting funny so it's time to get rid if the old girl. Still owe 2800 on it but hopefully I can find someone who wants her for more than that so I can at least break even! Found a truck I'm interested in an going to look at it tomorrow.

So I guess that's it for the build thread guys! If anybody's close to charleston, wv and interested in her message me about it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Little update.

New transmission is here and in along with a new flywheel. Went to get it inspected an no reverse lights so back to the garage for a neutral safety switch. Finally got it inspected. New transmission is already flaring and shifting funny so it's time to get rid if the old girl. Still owe 2800 on it but hopefully I can find someone who wants her for more than that so I can at least break even! Found a truck I'm interested in an going to look at it tomorrow.

So I guess that's it for the build thread guys! If anybody's close to charleston, wv and interested in her message me about it.

dang that sucks man sorry about that

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man that happens. Anytime you buy anything used or new you take the chance. Wouldn't be so bad if it was warmer and I could get some work done to it. Going to school full time and working full time makes it rough. Transmission has a warranty on it but that means I'm without a truck for about two weeks while they pick up the old one an ship out a new one. Plus another 400 for the shop to swap them out.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Thats weird that they would charge you for warranty work