WVXC450R's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a separate shop. I ordered the tranny from 1st transmission in Michigan and had it shipped to to a local shop who out it in for me.

Also under no circumstances will I EVER recommend 1st transmission to ANYONE. Stay away from them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
It's a separate shop. I ordered the tranny from 1st transmission in Michigan and had it shipped to to a local shop who out it in for me.

Also under no circumstances will I EVER recommend 1st transmission to ANYONE. Stay away from them!

******** :biggun:

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shucks. Tis be the way of life for unloyal truck owners. Trannys and engine blocks are definite deal breakers if you don't have determination or true love for the vehicle.

If anything, I'd try selling off the door panels with the camo fabric... I'm sure someone would pay decent money for em. Only problem is, who would pay for a truck with transmission issues and no door panels... lol. Perhaps someone looking for a 400 to raise, take care of, and share their love with.

Good luck with your next truck!

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well my buddies wanting to trade me out his stock wheels and some boot so that's always nice.

It's not really not having the necessary love for the vehicle as much as it is a money pit. I paid 6500 for the truck, sold my ford and put it a down on the gmc. Then I got 1600 in a tranny that's still messed up. Plus I have no spare time to work on it or can I go without a vehicle for longer than a day.

It's just the curse you get when you have a die hard ford boy switching brands! It got me good though!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well my buddies wanting to trade me out his stock wheels and some boot so that's always nice.

It's not really not having the necessary love for the vehicle as much as it is a money pit. I paid 6500 for the truck, sold my ford and put it a down on the gmc. Then I got 1600 in a tranny that's still messed up. Plus I have no spare time to work on it or can I go without a vehicle for longer than a day.

It's just the curse you get when you have a die hard ford boy switching brands! It got me good though!

Yah thats a tough situation to be put in, i completely understand. Nothing to do with how much you car about your vehicles it's making responsible decisions in life

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heck yeah. I really did like the truck! Power was amazing! But it wasn't doing me no good sitting at the shop for a month when I work from 10-4 and have class from 5-10. Gotta have a dependable vehicle I guess..

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yah when i switched back to chevy from my for i was so happy to be in a truck that actually had some power haha

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can understand that! Boy do I miss my ford right now though! Out driving around tonight in the snow and the girlfriends Jetta did better than the Sierra!

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Musta missed you saying you sold the ford. I thought you had a two vehicle fleet. I can understand now.

However, I don't reckon there is really a "curse", cause I got two friends who have swapped to GM (one from Dodge, one from Ford) and have nothing bad to show for it! lol. We can't all be lucky though.

Its hard to have serious repairs to a vehicle when its your only one. Always keep a reliable DD and everything else is a project.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol true. This one is suppose to be my reliable DD!