Why so many 400s leaving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are bunch of young people in this thread. "I was six when they quite making my favorite truck." When I was six, you could buy a brand new car with a carburetor.I like my 98, but if I were offered a straight up trade for a V10 Super Duty, I'd jump on it. I guess I haven't quite developed a passion for it yet, but maybe. I like that its cheap and easy to work on, the styling is growing on me, and its pretty comfy. I've never liked the GMT-800s, though. Something about the way they drive, they seem "mushy," if that makes any sense. The steering, brakes, and throttle don't seem to have as much feel as the GMT-400s.

LOL.....yeah, dont I know it. When I learned how to drive I could have bought a brand new GMT400 off the lot.

jamestaylor47

Reaction score
I'll have mine till there is nothing left of her I've got two extra 5.7s JIC so I plan on keeping her a while. I've got a 05 dodge rcsb with the v6. Nothing special I hate Chrysler with a passion but the price was so good I couldn't say no. I drive the dog to work bc it's 25 miles from home but I'll sell the dog way b4 I ever coincided the 400

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'm keeping mine until it disintegrate. lol I do want a Short bed GMT400 dually though, some day...lol. Anyone driven the new Silverado? How does it drive?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping mine until it disintegrate. lol I do want a Short bed GMT400 dually though, some day...lol. Anyone driven the new Silverado? How does it drive?

I had a GMT 800, an 07C gmc ecsb. it was a good truck to. Just couldn't keep up with the payment when #3 came along. It was pretty bare bones though, but I wanted it that way. It rode good, but the 4.8 needed better gears than the 3.23 it came with.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
My truck is fully disposable until I either SAS or 5.3 swap it. If either of those happen, it will go nowhere. lol