How many different types of material are in the interior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lance 1992

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the truck new and as far as I remember it was like that when I bought it. Maybe it's a Silverado option?

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must be an extended cab vs standard cab thing as @someotherguy mentioned. Mine is also a Silverado, standard cab though.
Can confirm that my extended cab has the carpet and every extendy I’ve seen at the yard has had that. I wonder if the WTs are a different story (vinyl flooring).

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if the WTs are a different story (vinyl flooring).

Off topic, but you could get a truck with both the Silverado trim and the vinyl floor. Probably pretty rare to see one in the wild, but my dad custom ordered my red '97 and had it configured that way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Apologies for derailing the thread @Lance 1992...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When I say on top of the Jack storage, I mean #3 in the attached picture which can also be seen here:

You must be registered for see images attach
1,2 & 6 are supposed to be the same.
They look different because they've faded from age.
What color is the binding on #3? That matches the color of the carpet. The binding looks grey in the pic. Binding is vinyl & doesn't fade like carpet.
#4 is the light weight carpet. Previously discussed.
#5 is hard to tell because I can't exactly see it, nor do I know where it'd be in the truck. Better pic?
It looks like a material called either 'Trunk Liner' or 'Speaker Box Material'. It's a type of felt. Stretchable/moldable.
I can't recall GM using that in any application. But, Like I said, can't really I.D. because of the pic.

Last edited:

l1lartur0

Reaction score
Does your jack storage have carpet on it?
Good question. Don't know. Will check when I get home in a couple of hours. Truck's out of action, awaiting me putting in the new oil pump and radiator hopefully this weekend.

Update: And the answer is, @fancyTBI *drum roll*
...no carpet. Just dusty blue plastic.

Last edited: