97 K3500 Door Panel issues. Need The White Push-In Retainers!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 1997 K3500 extended cab pickup.
The drivers door panel was loose at the bottom and sides so I took it to the dealer to have them re-install it properly. Mainly replacing all of those white plastic "pegs" clips (don't know what they are called!) that go around the bottom and sides of the panel.
They lasted a few months before they all broke off like in the picture. It wasn't a slow thing but rather they broke all at the same time.
Used the truck yesterday and no issues but when I opened the door today the panel was all loose and flapping at the bottom. I pulled it away from the door a little and could see all the clips/pins were broken.

Anyone have a resource for replacement hardware that is good quality?
I looked at some on Amazon but they mostly get bad reviews and breaking easily or not staying engaged with the hole they go in.

You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Search, "Clipsandfasteners.com" , look under GM or Chevy , you can buy from them or on Amazon. Use the correct tool when removing door panel , under the push in faster. It's easy to break the keyhole retainer in door panel. I buy in bags of twenty five. Another big faster company "Auveco.com" excellent pdf catalog of all factory fasteners. Good luck.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Search, "Clipsandfasteners.com" , look under GM or Chevy , you can buy from them or on Amazon. Use the correct tool when removing door panel , under the push in faster. It's easy to break the keyhole retainer in door panel. I buy in bags of twenty five. Another big faster company "Auveco.com" excellent pdf catalog of all factory fasteners. Good luck.
Thanks. These fasteners the dealer put it all broke on their own. Door was fine yesterday and this morning the panel was about falling off. Every fastener broke at the head.
The dealers work lasted about 2 months.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
15960325 is the part number for the stock clips that your dealer should have used (but didn’t). Never really had any issue with them breaking on their own, just after pulling the panel a few times.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
15960325 is the part number for the stock clips that your dealer should have used (but didn’t). Never really had any issue with them breaking on their own, just after pulling the panel a few times.

Thanks, I was able to find a parts schematic and did see that there are two types depending one year range.
Ordered both since they are cheap so we'll see how the correct ones work out!

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the door pins and bushings last fall. The panel was catching then.
This time is just plain weird. As I mentioned, the other day the door was fine. The next day I was getting ready to replace the outer door handle.
When I looked at the panel to start taking it off I found that every single white retainer was broken, the head of each retainer was broken off. Not just the bottom but sides also.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just get a pack of 50 from Amazon. Yes they will break when you remove the door panel again but just treat them as a replaceable part. Even from GM, they weren't designed to be a multi-use item.
I understand they can be a consumable part but my point is that they all broke but the door panel had not been touched.
Not just one or two were broken but every single one on the bottom and both sides of the panel.
I opened the door and was getting ready to start taking the panel off when I noticed it was all afloat. Wasn't like that the day before! Really strange.