Retainer clip alternatives for door pushrods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TommyJ1980

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The retainer has a small tab with a thumb nail protrusion on it that goes on first with the split in the retainer facing away from the rod and the thumb nail protrusion MUST lock into the hole in the actuation lever
Right, it seems like I have to put it halfway on at first, slide the pushrod though, then slide the retainer slip into position, locking the rod in? When I put it on halfway, I always end up knocking it off fumbling around blind inside the door before I can get the rod in and slide it the rest of the way into place locking it in.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, your a klutz. We all have had those moments ( or hours). That was my beloved, SWMBO, she's spying me.
Everybody learns.... something. Try the zen thing , some things you have to use finesse. Be the diamond cutter gently, not the 800 lb gorilla.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Right, it seems like I have to put it halfway on at first, slide the pushrod though, then slide the retainer slip into position, locking the rod in? When I put it on halfway, I always end up knocking it off fumbling around blind inside the door before I can get the rod in and slide it the rest of the way into place locking it in.
No, install the retainer all the way first making sure that the split will be facing the same direction that the end of the rodwill be facing once the rod is installed. Once the retainer is fully installed and the thumb nail protusion is seated in the second hole you then push the rod through the retainer and the split side of the retainer will lock into the groove on the rod.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once the retainer is fully installed and the thumb nail protusion is seated in the second hole you then push the rod through the retainer and the split side of the retainer will lock into the groove on the rod.
A little lube helps also,lubriplate or heavy bearing grease.

TommyJ1980

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, install the retainer all the way first making sure that the split will be facing the same direction that the end of the rodwill be facing once the rod is installed. Once the retainer is fully installed and the thumb nail protusion is seated in the second hole you then push the rod through the retainer and the split side of the retainer will lock into the groove on the rod.
Thanks so much, really appreciate this.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would like to replicate the actuator rods with the same type of control actuator rods with small hiem joint / clevis. Longer lasting , less friction, easier to assemble/ remove. Sealed bearings.
You must be registered for see images attach