Aftermarket remote Start Wiring for Door Locks with AU3 code with no AU0 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi I need some help setting up the keyless door locks on my 98 C1500. I have the CODE AU3 but not AU0, meaning I have power door locks but not factory keyless. I am really struggling trying to figure out how to hook up the door locks to my aftermarket remote start. I don't know if I need to wire in relays or not or just tap into the wires from the remote start box. Doing so do I retain the power lock and unlock within inside the truck? I cant find anything on here with my setup or not using the correct search words. Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi I need some help setting up the keyless door locks on my 98 C1500. I have the CODE AU3 but not AU0, meaning I have power door locks but not factory keyless. I am really struggling trying to figure out how to hook up the door locks to my aftermarket remote start. I don't know if I need to wire in relays or not or just tap into the wires from the remote start box. Doing so do I retain the power lock and unlock within inside the truck? I cant find anything on here with my setup or not using the correct search words. Thanks!

Every aftermarket starter I had installed they (the install shop) had to add relays for the door locks.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just came across your photo. So this is the standard 5 pin relay system I keep seeing then and what I would need to wire up? So my Green and Blue Wire from the remote start module would go to the 85 pins. Now would my interior door lock and unlock buttons still work with this?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just came across your photo. So this is the standard 5 pin relay system I keep seeing then and what I would need to wire up? So my Green and Blue Wire from the remote start module would go to the 85 pins. Now would my interior door lock and unlock buttons still work with this?

Picture is exactly what I did. Yes, original function is maintained.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picture is exactly what I did. Yes, original function is maintained.
Perfect just what I needed to hear, thanks for the help! Ill be tackling this in the next week or two. So I could be chiming back in for some more info if I run into a snag.