97 door panels in 90

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ssgbulldawg

Reaction score
hey everybody, I've searched and searched and haven't found anything. I needed doors for my 90 and got a good deal on a set of complete doors from a 97, I love these panels. I want to use the 97 panels in my 90 and just need to figure out the wiring. I know the 97 uses a relay system and the 90 is directly in the switches. but I'm having a issue figuring out the wiring. has anyone done this? and I don't need anyone saying it wont match the dash, it matches enough for me and that's all that matters.

Thanks in advance

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
97 pickups only used relays for the locks if it was a 4-door or had keyless entry, otherwise it's direct just like the 90s.

You'll need something to extend the dome light switches on the ends of your dash. The 97 door panels will NOT contact them without, meaning your dome lights will never shut off. I screwed on some electrical wire nuts to mine :rofl:

Wiring is pretty simple. The wire colors are different but the functions in general are the same; the windows are actuated exactly the same through all years GMT400 trucks. Locks are mostly the same unless, like I mentioned, the donor had keyless or four doors. Mirrors will be a new addition, but literally all you need for that is power and ground, and three wires from left door to right. Let me know what your truck currently has for wire colors in the doors and I can probably write up a little conversion chart to get your wiring to the way it needs to be.

Ssgbulldawg

Reaction score
thats great info, all i kept reading about was that the 96+^ panels used relays. and the 94+v used the switches. yea my door light never worked so im not too worried about it. ill get you pics of what i have. i appreciate it alot!