Why so many 400s leaving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'm just curious to know why so many people are jumping on the NBS Duramax or newer truck boat now? I know gas is getting high, but diesel is higher, what's the advantage?

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Just preference. I have a new diesel, as well as my gmt400, and my 06' has better fuel mileage as long as i'm not towing. Rides nicer. Way more power. Just things like that.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I don't know, maybe it's a fad.

BTW.........Nice looking truck in your sig!!!

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
And, maybe it's an appearance thing? It looks like you have more money driving around a new truck, rather than one that's 20 years old.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i had a 2002 dmax for a short period of time, HAD being the main thing, i hated it, thing was a POS, Sold it back to my dad and bought my 89, best thing i did, get just as good mileage in it as well, and gas is cheaper.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I think like anything, these trucks are 14-24 years old... and eventually its time to move on. That said, I just bought mine. LOL

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I hate to admit it, but when i graduate high school in 2013, my uncle is going to give me his '05 CCSB GMC. Shes got power everything, leather, Bose, bedliner, new paint, and Z71 (4x4, yeahh!). He will probably take my 400 and sell it, or use it till it blows on his property.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I doubt for many people its because of gas mileage, your still drivin a truck your not going to see much gain unless you have a really beat to piss 400. Lets face it these trucks are at 12+ years old and a lot of them need maintenance to stay on the road. Peace of mind probably plays a big role since getting in a newer, lower mileage truck is smarter financially when it comes to sell the truck then throwing money into an old truck and seeing no return for all the money you spent on parts.

It also probably has to do with ride quality, features, aesthetics, 4 door option. Lots of factors come into play.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I doubt for many people its because of gas mileage, your still drivin a truck your not going to see much gain unless you have a really beat to piss 400. Lets face it these trucks are at 12+ years old and a lot of them need maintenance to stay on the road. Peace of mind probably plays a big role since getting in a newer, lower mileage truck is smarter financially when it comes to sell the truck then throwing money into an old truck and seeing no return for all the money you spent on parts.

It also probably has to do with ride quality, features, aesthetics, 4 door option. Lots of factors come into play.

Also keep in mind that parts for these babies are in abundance. Aftermarket parts are usually expensive, but when you replace something stock, its practically dirt cheap. We have sites like LMC and Rockauto that sell us what we need to fix for next to nothing, and there is even a place local to me that has CHEAP Chevy/GMC parts, brand new. Oh and speaking of alot need maintenance, usually people get too lazy to keep up with it, and they end up in a junkyard, which means MORE parts for us!