What to get 2" body lift or RC 2-3"

Which one?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was looking at the RC kit. my truck is already that high on just a crank but i'm getting sick and tired of doing upper BJ and CV angles are junk so i keep wasting them too. wouldn't this kit be good just to correct my angles??

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i recently put an rc 2-3 on my 97 that i got used from a friend. just an fyi they no longer make the upper control arm bushings unless you get them from RC. and they have terrible customer service. the kit is alright, but other problems i had were the sway bar end links hitting the upper control arms at full downward travel, and also not having very much adjustment in the alingment. otherwise it rides ok and the angles are alright too.

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i recently put an rc 2-3 on my 97 that i got used from a friend. just an fyi they no longer make the upper control arm bushings unless you get them from RC. and they have terrible customer service. the kit is alright, but other problems i had were the sway bar end links hitting the upper control arms at full downward travel, and also not having very much adjustment in the alingment. otherwise it rides ok and the angles are alright too.

yeah, i'm not worried about the sway bar cause mine is long gone. my alignment already sucks with the crank. was hoping that less crank would help out the alignment some. been trying to figure out if i can use nbs control arm bushings in my obs arms cause specialty products makes offset bushings for those. that would help me out a ton!!!

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
i was thinking of getting the 6" rcx kit, then not cranking for the extra 1.5"... i wonder if i could get more flex with the smaller crank... at least thats my thinking behind it..

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah the rc 2-3 really didnt seem to get me much taller than crank. it was more like an anlignment fixer. but yeah if you dont have a sway bar i guess your pretty much set if your going to run that kit.

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was thinking of getting the 6" rcx kit, then not cranking for the extra 1.5"... i wonder if i could get more flex with the smaller crank... at least thats my thinking behind it..

i'd love to put in the 6" kit. installed a few in my buddies trucks and they like it. unfortunately i need mine for hauling firewood and i think 6" would make it too high to load it.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
i'd love to put in the 6" kit. installed a few in my buddies trucks and they like it. unfortunately i need mine for hauling firewood and i think 6" would make it too high to load it.

well, it wouldnt be the entire 6", like i would leave out whatever piece out of the back to level it at the 4.5"

350VortecSSCT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All depends on what you going for...

If I were you, id level out the front, which would make it pretty sweet even.

However with depending the size of wheels and tires, make sure they just tuck well in the wheel well and dont rub...2 be safe possibly a 3 inch body lift.

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have that suspension lift, it ruins the front end would not recommend that lift at all..