Sub 2" Lift- stock 97 k1500 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hughGgaines

Reaction score
This is my first post- hope I'm not posting in the wrong place or beating a dead horse.

After reading other threads, I gather that once you start cranking the TBs and adding blocks, things can get out of whack pretty fast. But I also don't want to do a real 4" lift or a BL or anything. I really don't mind the way the truck sits now the z71 sits a bit higher anyways and already looks level.

Anyways, if I did something very minor like 1" blocks or 1.5" on the back and then cranking it up front to match, is that enough to run into any problems? I don't mind if the ride is a tad rougher, but I don't want to put any extra wear up front. I guess I'm just curious how much you have to crank the front to actually run into genuine problems? I'm due for some new tires soon, and alot of people say the 285 75 r16s should fit on this truck but I'd rather not deal with a close-run thing and if I could get an extra inch or two I figure it might make a difference. I'm not hung up on it though I like the 265s too.

Anyways thanks, and again I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Also if this has been handled already just let me know.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
People do it everyday without issues. Just don't go too much or it will ride like crap and start wearing parts quicker.