What to get 2" body lift or RC 2-3"

Which one?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you don't get anymore lift with the under 4 inch klits then you would stock. Just crank the bars, that's all those smal lkits for 4x4 do is a crank. It has upper control arms to help correct the upper BJ angle, a small diff. drop which doesn't equal lift, it only helps correct bad cv angles, it does nothing for the bad tie rod or lower ball joint angles, and all lift it gives it by crank.

Aftermarket keys do nothing for obs trucks.

body lift gains you clearance. the only wayu a body lift or susp. gain you lift is the use of taller tires, taller tires get you ground clearance.

body lift only raises the body off the frame, susp. only lifts the frame up off some of the stuff, the lower control arms and rear end are still in the same spot so that gets you NOTHING. The only thing to gain you clearance and lift is tires, either lift gains you room for bigger tires and that gains you clearance and lift.

A body lift for $180 or so is worth it way more then a $400 2-3 inch lift that's nothing more then a crank.

So IMO buy the body lift, crank the front up, add blocks in back, if the front doesn't bottom out on the droop stops with stock keys your bars and sagging, only fix is new bars, NOT KEYS!!! New keys on old bars equals nothing, aftermarket keys on good bars equals nothing more then stock would get you. The stockers will crank you to the droop stops and you don't want to go any further. if you can't get enough lift or tire in there with a body lift, crank and block, save the money and BUY A REAL KIT!!!!!!!! A real 6 inch kit that has like a 5 inch diff. and upper control arm drop and actually lifts the truck that much and then some.

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can get about 4-5 inches out of the 2-3 inch lift, i added a block and had the bars cranked for a while and cleared 35s no problem, once i added the 3 inch body and turned my keys back down so it would ride a little better, but i wish i woulda saved and got the 6 inch kit.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how can you get that much lift just cranking keys? It just doesn't seem possible, even with that kit. it'll only go so high then that's it.

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the upper control arms change the angle of the front suspension, it kills cvs and tie rods when they are cranked

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just get a 4 inch rough country lift,,noone is ever happy with a lift that small,,they always say id wish id went with more,,i personally hate body lifts allways have

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea i wish i would of saved and got the 4 or 6 inch lift..

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea I know the uppers help the ball joint angles. I guess where the stock hits the droop those don't and maybe let's you go up a bit then?

That was my biggest thing, it has a small dioff. drop to help cv's but nothing for lowers or tie rods, and then the UCA's help the upper bj's.