want it louder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres some pics.
heres the FM and pipimg i had on it when i got the thruck
You must be registered for see images attach

heres the muffler when i got it

and installed

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
My truck has long tubes, 2.5" true dual, through a pair of thrush turbo mufflers and strait out the back... when I'm on it.. I can hear it bouncing off of anything that happens to be around me.

Soon all of that will be removed in favor of a Y pipe and a 3" hooker aerochamber off the new motor.

Get a cheap glass pack that is the same ID all the way through, pound a pipe all the way through it and clamp the ends so it stays in place, as much as I hate giving advise like that, if you want ot lound just do that. That way you have a muffler and looks legit but truethfully its just a strait pipe.

Many times having a 'muffler' with a strait through design will actually make the exhaust louder than a strait pipe would be. Typically has better tone too. I know when my buddy got his 1999 brand new he ran it strait piped, and then after they started releasing exhausts for it bought a kit (don't recall who's) but it was actually louder.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heres some pics.
heres the FM and pipimg i had on it when i got the thruck

and installed

My Uncle has one of these on his 94 and I like the way his sounds. he has dual pipes out the back to 3" or 4" tips

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the sound too I just want to get some tips fabbed up that come out the sides before the wheels

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

and installed

Thats what I have on my 04 but its 3" SI/SO, sounds great at idle and WOT with little to no drone, or i just listen to my music to loud lol, and no rasp/cackle under load. Also glad to see your paint didnt last either

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was worried about that. I was thrown off the day I put it on cuz it was like that after an hour of driving on it

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah im looking into headers havent found a deal yet kinda on a budget

Hey look up this ebay # 110917440758 there mid length headers I think it's a great price or if you want to wait I might have some regular metal shorties cheap there like brand new also buy a free flowing Magnaflow Cat if your running your stock Cat it's going to make your FM not as loud been there done that they also make a one in two out glasspack look on ebay as well or craigslist I have two brand new Magnaflow Cats I bought on CL but im saving them when I go true dual. Tip here if you install headers buy good gaskets or there going to leak.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats good to know. I already have a magnaflow cat on the truck it was replaced a year ago by the first owner