trying not to scrap it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get a OBD2 dongle with bluetooth (I like the OBDLink MX+) and a free download on your phone. Both OBDLink and DashCommand are good apps. You will be able to see a ton of live data from every sensor on your truck and you can data log sensors to get a trending graph to watch what they are doing over a period of 30 seconds.

drifterwanb666

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get a OBD2 dongle with bluetooth (I like the OBDLink MX+) and a free download on your phone. Both OBDLink and DashCommand are good apps. You will be able to see a ton of live data from every sensor on your truck and you can data log sensors to get a trending graph to watch what they are doing over a period of 30 seconds.
i like that idea, ill check that dongle out. alot easier then keeping a laptop in the truck all the time.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its the updated unit. standard is the only part i could i could get my hands on, still was almost $500

and funny you say converting cause im already looking to do so, i need it to run in the meantime to make money to buy the stuff to convert,
Well there ya go, haha. Yeah, I understand that, what are you looking at getting?

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got a buddy with HP tuners thats willing to look, but i went commercial with the tune just cause, well, theyve done it before. now that i have a baseline from blackbear i can have it tickled, perse. just more time is all i need, and a billion dollars.
Unfortunately, HPTuners will not work with your stock PCM, JET DST is the only one I'm aware of that is compatible. If you do end up 0411 swapping it, however, HPTuners can do quite a lot. Yeah, lots of happy, satisfied customers, but every now and then you get one that just won't play nice. If I only I had a billion dollars too! Oh the things we could all do... :boti::burnout:

drifterwanb666

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there ya go, haha. Yeah, I understand that, what are you looking at getting?
there was a thread, i cant remember who posted it, i wanna say l31maxexpress but im not sure, that used an aftermarket intake, ford 6.2 injectors, gave wiring info and all that. very well documented and really sparked my interest. ive found a knockoff of a tunnelram on ebay thatll allow me the same, and run an LS3 TB.

drifterwanb666

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, HPTuners will not work with your stock PCM, JET DST is the only one I'm aware of that is compatible. If you do end up 0411 swapping it, however, HPTuners can do quite a lot. Yeah, lots of happy, satisfied customers, but every now and then you get one that just won't play nice. If I only I had a billion dollars too! Oh the things we could all do... :boti::burnout:
he said hes been able to get into one, just gotta go to chevrolets website, pay some money, and download software and some other beep boopin or something. worth a shot in the dark, but i did look into that jet tuner.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there was a thread, i cant remember who posted it, i wanna say l31maxexpress but im not sure, that used an aftermarket intake, ford 6.2 injectors, gave wiring info and all that. very well documented and really sparked my interest. ive found a knockoff of a tunnelram on ebay thatll allow me the same, and run an LS3 TB.
Sounds about right, and that is a guy who really knows his stuff. Tunnel ram would be fun.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
he said hes been able to get into one, just gotta go to chevrolets website, pay some money, and download software and some other beep boopin or something. worth a shot in the dark, but i did look into that jet tuner.
Oh really? Interesting, cool if he's able to get into the 96 and 97 robot box. Yeah, you might as well give that a shot first.

drifterwanb666

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
after some long highway driving, ive come to this;

when the truck goes into "sped mode" it only happens when i first start the truck, or after it idles too long, at a stop light, warm up, or if i go into a store to grab a drink and leave it running. now if i drive it enough in sped mode itll eventually snap out of it. and i mean that, snap out of it. not gradual. once i floor it a few times it goes back to normal. now, wile in sped mode its dumping fuel, like crazy. i lose between 1/8 to 1/4 of a tank everytime it does it. and i can smell raw fuel in the cab with the windows up, its bad, so bad.

so, with this, i think imma try and swap from CSFI to port injection. if anyones interested, i can show my process here, or i may start a build thread, who knows what else imma do to this thing once it runs right. but i dont trust standard parts, and im not putting another spider in this damn engine. 5 spiders in six months? insanity.

Last edited: