Upper corner lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is the bulb staying in there if you just drilled a hole?

Blue Bus: how did you do yours?

You drill the hole just so the light bulb will go inside the upper light. You then take the socket portion you remove from a lower light and glue/epoxy it to the upper light over the hole you drilled. Then the socket the bulb goes in will lock into the part you glue to the marker light. The pics even though not in order pretty much show it....

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ooohh! That helps me right there. I'm not face booked, so I never saw your pictures...

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
You could have posted this thread before I decided to paint my corners :)

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what they said. thats how i did mine. cut up the old amber ones and drilled a hole large enough for the bulb to stick through. then i had to shave part of the bulb socket so it woud go in the corner flush. then cut the grill so the hole fits through and tighten the corner lense. my wires were barely long enough so its kinda trickey putting the grill on but if you have long enough wires its easy.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
For a clear lens i would definately have done this the same as everyone else but with the smoke lenses you cant see in the light, also i got the holes drilled in my grill today and light put back on, ill post pics as soon as i can which will probably be friday, wiring will be done when i get back from vacation at the same time i wire my mirror up

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Holes drilled in the grill
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Also I have the pigtails for the lights but am currently in IL so will not be able to finish until I return

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention that they make 194 pigtails that don't require the 4-way slotted socket to "screw/twistlock" into........I've seen them for sale online, I can't remember the site, but I'll update when I find them. They were made of black rubber if I remember correctly, and they were made to plug into a perfectly circular hole. Using low profile LEDs(ceramic type), would make them clear the lens.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I believe the pigtails you are talking about have the rubber grommet on them, I chose to use the factory pigtail so it would look like it belonged there

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, they have the rubber grommet formed into the socket....I've never done this as a permanent thing because I can't stand the glass-clear look of the aftermarket lenses, I prefer the clear reflective type(like stock, but no orange tint). It's super hard to find them now though, I usually buy them the instant I find them haha.