Led reverse flood light “Bumper Install” 28$ Bargain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FIREBALL 94

Bowtie enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree I like this idea ties in well with the trim on the bumper…only other way I was thinking was on the sides of the hitch style …that’s what I’m planning if I can ever get time to do it lol …(projects=gezzz when can I catch up!)

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reminds me of 1road I would like to do this, but I don't want to cut up my OEM bumper.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Weird, I was always under the assumption up front the stock

I looked at my rear sway and did some measuring’ my center to center is 4.5” prob a stock link !! I’m guessing. So what are yours at center to center . You said you used dodge dakota rear sway links lol ? Or is Dakota a brand … What year of the are from a Dakota ?

What’s the center to center inches “ on this photo you posted I edited.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is my rear links 4.5” and you can see the angle it naturally pitches at . It’s about 1 inch above the diff cover drain plug .. look it over what do you suggest? It don’t seem to ride bad.

If you haven't noticed a difference in ride then I wouldn't necessarily worry about it.
Mine measure about 7" . There still not leveled but at least not pointing to the sky like before. I used dodge dakota sway bar links and used my original sway bar bushings. Then I used finder washers on the bottom to hold everything together . Otherwise the bushings kept wanting to slip out. You might be better off with the rc kit. I would imagine it's bolt on headache free

Attachments

• 20240409_093027.jpg
    20240409_093027.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240409_093057.jpg
    20240409_093057.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240409_093122.jpg
    20240409_093122.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 5

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On Amazon $45
Rough Country Rear Sway Bar Links for 92-99 Chevy/GMC Tahoe/Yukon | 4-6" - 1038

Here rc end links, they look longer, but bolt on ready to go

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240409_100938_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240409_100938_Chrome.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 6

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On Amazon $45

So wouldn’t you think these would have been part of the 800$ lift you’d think they just leave end links out .. well what was the reasoning that you know of or found to be helpful with using longer end links ? Wether front or back ..

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On Amazon $45

Do you got a link on the front links used for a lift ?

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you haven't noticed a difference in ride then I wouldn't necessarily worry about it.
Mine measure about 7" . There still not leveled but at least not pointing to the sky like before. I used dodge dakota sway bar links and used my original sway bar bushings. Then I used finder washers on the bottom to hold everything together . Otherwise the bushings kept wanting to slip out. You might be better off with the rc kit. I would imagine it's bolt on headache free
Interesting… ya like you said .. I wouldn’t even know what to think or look or feel for If I indeed am having a issue with stock away links in the back.. Feels fine don’t hear anything.. maybe it just takes away from the stress that the bars angled at with the shorter length maybe?
Hopefully somebody else can chime in …..might know something we don’t :/

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting… ya like you said .. I wouldn’t even know what to think or look or feel for If I indeed am having a issue with stock away links in the back.. Feels fine don’t hear anything.. maybe it just takes away from the stress that the bars angled at with the shorter length maybe?
Hopefully somebody else can chime in …..might know something we don’t :/
So as far as drive goes I didn't notice anything different, at regular speeds, But I tend to drive fast and here in houston there's a lot of curved roads where you feel the body sway. One day we were heading to Dallas, I felt like the truck would sway the faster I went.(could of just been a windy day) but I wanted to see if I could do something about it. Then there was another day I was heading to work and when I was exiting, the truck felt like it leaned more then usual. So that sold me on looking closer into the sway bar angles. I figured there designed to be at a curtain angle to better assist on sway but didn't, and still to this day, don't know the exact angle.
Anyways I installed the stabilizer, and longer sway bar links and having noticed any abnormal body sway. At higher speeds on the highway I haven't noticed that wiered swaying as well. I'm sure it depends on vehicle model and weight, which is why rc rolled the dice. Plus people typically leave the 1500 stock springs in the rear, which I noticed either makes the lift look leveled or slightly sink in the rear..., which I absolutely hated. Now I'm sporting 2500 springs which gives the truck more of a stock stance but I get a lot of feedback on how much the rear is raised...
I'll post the front links I bought but fyi there k1500 stock links. I just went with delphi
Also on the subject I feel like rc really should include wheel spacers for the rear. That was another thing I had to add

Last edited: