Upper corner lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
So I decided to make my upper corner lights functional marker lights, still got a little bit of work to do but I got the lights done so I'll post up some pics and how I did this.

I had an extra set of clear corners that the lenses were broke on so I decided these were good lights to sacrifice
You must be registered for see images attach

I used a razor to cut these up while I was sitting at home bored

Then I used the pieces I cut out as a template to mark my upper corners

While I was at work I used the dremel and cut the hole in one light then decided the razor worked better

Then I used an epoxy we have at work to glue the pieces I cut out onto the light

Thats all I have done for now but within the next two days I should get the grill done and will post more pics at that time

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i am gonna have to find me a set of old corner lights i can cut up and do this to mine with

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
i am gonna have to find me a set of old corner lights i can cut up and do this to mine with

If you want to do this I may be able to get everything you would need while I am in IL and help you out

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you have to do anything special to preserve the chrome reflector on the other side while you were cutting and gluing?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Did you have to do anything special to preserve the chrome reflector on the other side while you were cutting and gluing?

I didnt do anything special for the reflective side, but if you want to pull the lens off you could put tape on the inside to assist with holding it in place while the adhesive dries, I just stuck my finger in the hole and held it in place while it dried

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is a very cool mod! I was going to do this today, but ran into some problems with the new headlights i bought (but thats a whole nother thread lol)! I'll be doing this one night this week, does the plastic on the back side cut pretty easily?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Its fairly thick which is why I used a dremel but it melted the plastic more than cutting it so I went back to a razor, you will just have to go over it quite a few times to cut through it, took me maybe 3 minutes to cut out each piece, after you get the razor through in one spot its fairly easy to cut the rest of it, the bad part is you have to get it started in four spots on each light

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did this a while ago but i just drilled a hole big enough for the bulb to stick out. cut the sockets from my old amber lenses and glued it to back of light. then you have to cut the grill large enough for the circle to fit through. ive got pics on my fb http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2309993992295.141937.1322711968&type=3
my signals all worked but my hazards are funny. may just be my truck idk